My previous blog articles are based out of this useful book: Go Mobile, about the latest in texting, 2D Codes, location-based campaigns.
How to Set up a Mobile Website:
- Fundamentals for physical places such as restaurants, bars, coffee shops: include location with mobile-friendly map, your menu/services with prices, hours of operation, phone number, if you have Wi-Fi. Include a hook (promotion)
- Brick & Mortar Retailers: mention products, nearest locations, hours of operation, & buy products via mobile devices
- Law firms, Accounting firms, other professional firms: include a map, number to the receptionist (if lost within the building), make sure it has lots of white space, it makes it looks first class), finally include a click to call option
- Non-profit organization: install a large “donate” here button (red, upper right-hand side), add links, and provide one photo!
- Check out fast your page uploads by using websitegrader.com
- Avoid flash & video!